WE BELIEVE IN A FUTURE WHERE OUR COMMUNITIES
FLOURISH AND PROSPER
An award-winning social change organisation committed to the development, improvement, and sustainability of our communities.
We innovatively combine skill development, learning and wellbeing, with community regeneration to achieve positive socio-economic change.
What we do
- We regenerate and invigorate our physical communities, returning empty properties to the housing market in an environmentally friendly and energy-efficient manner, improving the living standards of our communities, and providing an affordable and effective solution to the housing and empty property issues of Wales.
- We aim to instil a sense of community pride, resilience, and ownership through our actions.
SKILLS & WELLBEING
- We support people to improve their health and wellbeing, build their confidence and self-esteem, learn new skills, achieve qualifications, and make positive life improvements.
- We support people ranging in age, gender, and background to make positive change, empowering them to take ownership of their journey.
- Circumstances, background, and support needs are often unique and complex. Our support doesn’t discriminate – we focus on a person’s future, not their past.
- We challenge our community members to take positive social action and become responsible for their own life journeys.
Keep up to date
news & blogs
what people say
“The Community Impact Initiative is a great example of how lifelong learning can turn lives around. The Cii benefits local communities by turning empty, run down properties into homes and give individuals new skills, which they can carry with them throughout their life.”
“I love the social aspect of the project; working with others and getting to know them has really helped improved my confidence.”
“Participating in the project has done wonders for my health and wellbeing. I wake up every day feeling better than the last because of the enjoyment I get from the project.”
“I love the project and have gained so much from it, thank you so much for running it in my community.”
"The way the Cii provides a complete and replicable model of regeneration should be championed across the UK. By returning empty homes back into use, not only does this positively affect the surrounding communities and end users, but added to this, the journey to assist those who you bring on board is to be applauded.”
Our innovative approach to community regeneration and skill development has resulted in national recognition:
Chartered Institute of Housing – Supporting Communities Award
Third Sector –
Social Business Wales – Building Diversity, Inclusion, Equality and Justice Award
Natwest SE100 index
Top 100 social enterprises in UK
Swansea Bay Business Awards
Business in the Community Award Winners
Empty Homes Network Innovation Award Winners
Learning & Work Wales Inspire Award Winners
Natwest SE25 Newcomers Shortlisted
Social Enterprise UK award Finalists
Social Business Wales ‘One to Watch’ Award Winners